How to get to Gokyo lakes and Gokyo ri trek
Are you planning to go for vacations this year in Khumbu? Then come plan your days and know how to get to Gokyo lakes with full preparation. Nepal a magnificent place provides space for a wide group of mountaineers to climb and fulfill their wishes. Thus spending your quality hours in between these mountains covering areas with huge glaciers etc. has been like a dream come true for you all. So come let’s take you through the glory of Gokyo lakes trek and see what’s waiting in for you!
Before booking the trip or heading towards gokyo lakes you must clear about the best time of year to go to Gokyo valley. The months of March, April, May and September, October, November are the best time to go for Gokyo lakes trek. This trek categorized as a moderate trek any one physical fit can reach Gokyo valley and Gokyo Ri easily with proper acclimatization.
Step by step tips how to get to Gokyo lakes
Read these that give you the clear image of the gokyo lake walking trail from Kathmandu to Gokyo Lakes via Namche.
- On the first arrival day, you will have to spend a night at Kathmandu
- Then you will have to reach Lukla by flight and trek to Phakding
- On following days you will reach Namche Bazaar, Everest view point, Khumjung then to Phortse Thanga, Dole, Machhermo and finally to the Gokyo lakes. Namche bazaar 2 night for acclimatization and other destination has a one night halt.
- You can continue your trek further from Gokyo valley to Everest base camp via cho la pass or renjo la pass or return same way back.
- After that, you will have to come down to Phortse Thanga, Namche Bazaar and finally Lukla to Kathmandu.
We advice you it is batter to have a professional guide to get the real experience of these region.
Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo peak trek
Before planning a visit, it’s quite important for you to have a brief detailing about the place you are planning to visit. So the same obeys for Gokyo Lakes. Basically, Gokyo lakes are located in Nepal within the region of Sagarmatha National Park surrounding by an altitude of Gokyo lakes 4790 m to Gokyo Ri 5360 meters above the sea level. If you are visiting Nepal, then nothing could be so special than viewing a freshwater body like the Gokyo Lakes. Great view of 22 mile long Ngozumpa glacier from Gokyo ri is awesome. The glacier originates from the base of sixth highest mountain in the world Mount Cho Oyu 8,201 meters in the Himalayas, Nepal.
Ngozumpa is the longest glacier in the Himalayas. Beside that gokyo peak is the best view point of Himalayan peaks like Cho-Oyu, Makalu, Mount Everest and other many peaks including the world’s highest Khumbu glacier Nepal. Now you are clear about how to get to Gokyo lakes and what to see from Gokyo peak. Lets go to explore the hidden treasure of Gokyo valley, Everest trekking region. We are Everest region specialist adventure tour organizer write us to get guide, porter service or full board package to explore Khumbu Nepal.